Shari Heinrich is an award-winning author. She writes young adult fantasy where magic drives her characters. Filled with sass and heart, those teens won’t back down when it comes to protecting their friends, their family, or their dreams.
Shari has been published in Conclave Magazine. She has placed first in several writing contests. Her most recent award is placing 18th of 4,650 participants in the 2019 New York City Midnight Short Story Challenge.
How I Love to Spend My Time
When I’m not out writing in my backyard, you’ll find me there tending my vegetable garden, and looking for ways to deter the deer from eating the crops. Maybe I’m riding my bike, enjoying the central Ohio countryside. When I sit still, it’s to lose myself in a book. Or I’m playing “fetch” with my cats, Pern and Xanth, after Xanth has skewered my big toe to say it’s time to throw the toy across the room. Again. Or Pern has rested his head on my wrist, pausing me mid-keystroke while I type.
The photography bug bit me the same time as the writing bug. I can’t resist bringing my camera when I’m writing outside. I swear I don’t use the wildlife for procrastination when my characters shyly resist telling me stories.
- 1st Place, Writing for Children, WriterCon 2019
- 18th Place of 4,650 Writers, New York City Midnight Short Story Challenge 2019
- 1st Place, Writing for Young Adults, Red Sneaker Writers Presents Write Well Sell Well Conference 2018
- 1st Place, Poetry, Red Sneaker Writers Presents Write Well Sell Well Conference 2018
- 1st Place, Writers Workout Team Competition 2018–team “Lexical Literati”
- Semi-Finalist, New York City Midnight Short Story Challenge 2018, 2017
- Finalist, New York City Midnight Short Story Challenge 2016